Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science studies ICT convergence technology, the core of the industry 4.0 revolution, and nurtures talented people who will lead the future.
With a focus on electrical engineering, electrical engineering systems, and computer science, we pursue convergence research that can encompass science, engineering, and various fields of study together.
We aim to cultivate convergence talents essential for future industrial development through conducting convergence research and core technology education.
- International awareness
- Leading the original technology of the industry 4.0 revolution such as artificial intelligence and cloud computing
- Fostering creative talents through convergence with various fields such as society, culture, and art
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science aims to educate students to achieve international-level research capabilities. To this end, the core areas of ICT such as computer science, electrical engineering, and electrical engineering systems are intensively trained to equip students with basic knowledge of the major.
In the research aspect, intelligent computing systems, connected smart systems, advanced semiconductors, bio-medical systems, and cyber physics systems are selected as the key 5 research areas on top of artificial intelligence (AI), and students can select their own desired fields and develop their research capabilities. In addition, through close collaboration with prominent scholars at home and abroad, we seek to cultivate professionals with an international sense.
Since the release of the first master's degree graduate in February 2013, Information and Communication Engineering's Master's and Doctoral degree recipients have been active in many places as follows.
- National Institute of Defense and Public Enterprises: ADD, ETRI, Korea Defense Agency for Technology and Quality, Korea Industrial Technology Testing Institute, Manufacturing Innovation Technology Institute, Korea Brain Research Institute, Korea Airports Corporation, Kepco
- Research institutes of major companies: Samsung Electronics, SK Hynix, SK Telecom, NC Soft, LG Electronics, LG Chem, Samsung Display, Hyundai Motor, Hyundai Mobis
IBM, UL Korea, SL, Inno
- Wireless and other foreign companies and promising mid-sized companies
- DGIST graduate school, domestic and international excellent graduate doctoral program and postdoctoral researcher
* Cumulative graduates (2020)
- Master's Degree: 148
- Doctoral Degree: 21
- Total: 169